Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.spiritkelowna.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Contact form entries are not stored as we are using WPForms Lite. However, no information should be put into the content of an email that you wish to keep private.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. (not applicable at this time)
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Amelia: Our Booking App
We may collect any Personal Information that you choose to send to us or provide to us, for example, on our “Contact Us” online form or if you register for an appointment or event. If you contact us through our website, we will keep a record of our correspondence.
When you use the Services: We receive and store information you provide directly to us. For example, when setting up new users, we collect Personal Information, such as name and e-mail address, to provide them with Services. The types of information we may collect directly from our customers and their users may include: names, usernames, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, job titles, transactional information (including Services purchased), as well as any other contact or other information they choose to provide us in connection with the Services.
When you use the Services:
- Usage information– we keep track of user activity in relation to the types of Services our customers and their users use, the configuration of their computers, and performance metrics related to their use of the Services.
- Log information– we log information about our customers and their users when you use one of the Services including Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Information collected by cookies and other similar technologies– we use various technologies to collect information which may include saving cookies to users’ computers.
We also collect, use, and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does NOT directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
On this Website, we do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How do we use the information?
Website: We will use the information we collect via our Website:
- To administer our Website, our events and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Analyze customers’ use of the Website for trend monitoring, marketing, and advertising purposes;
- For purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example, to provide you with access to one of our webinars or to provide you with information you have requested about our Services; and
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
Services: We may use the information we collect from our customers and their users in connection with the Services we provide for a range of reasons, including to:
- To set up a user account,
- Provide, operate, and maintain the Services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send related information, including transaction confirmations and invoices;
- Manage our customers’ use of the Services, respond to enquiries and comments, and provide customer service and support;
- Send customers technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities; and
- For any other purposes about which we notify customers and users.
We may also use the information you send to us via the Website and/or Services, to communicate with you via email and, possibly, other means, regarding products, services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you or to send you our newsletter, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. However, you will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email. (not applicable at this time)
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
We use appropriate technical security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
How we protect your data
All purchases on this site go through PayPal or via Square. No purchase information is collected directly through this site.
What data breach procedures we have in place
Wordfence security and Siteground security are in place to secure this site.